Learn the art of brewing through fermenting, distilling and barrel aging. Experience how, from spring water and wheat, through hard work, a cool beer is created. Distill high-proof liquor, which gets that unique taste after some aging in oak barrels.
Celebrate the biggest feasts you can imagine and always keep the cheerful atmosphere. Fill the taverns with laughter and loud music, while the drunkards scuffle on the streets.
- Brew alcoholic Drinks, that actually can make you drunk
- Drunk people will stagger, the chat is influenced, effects and more
- Lower quality brewed drinks have downsides like hangover
- Process of brewing with different steps like fermenting, distilling, aging
- Refine the quality, until the Drinks are perfect
- Master the brewing of even the most difficult Drinks
Step one consists of Fermenting the fresh Ingredients.
- Place Cauldron over a Fire or other heat source
- Fill it with water
- Add Ingredients with a rightclick
- Wait a few minutes while they ferment
- Fill in glass bottles
Some Recipes don’t need distilling.
- Put the bottle with ferment into the brewing stand
- Put glowstone dust as filter on top into the brewing stand (The filter will not be consumed)
A barrel is needed for aging.
Starting in 1.14 the Minecraft-Barrel can be used for aging of a few brews. Simply craft and place the barrel und put the brews inside.
You can also build bigger barrels. They can be built in two ways:
Use 8 wooden stairs to build a barrel shape.
Place a Sign on the lower right side and write “Barrel” in the upper Line:
Message “Barrel created” should appear.
Use 5 Fences, 16 Wooden stairs, and 18 wood planks to build a barrel shape. Attach a Spigot (Fence) and a Sign that has “Barrel” written on the first Line:
Message “Barrel created” should appear
You may remove the Sign from the Big Barrel after creating it.
Open the Barrel by clicking on it.
Put the Bottles into the Barrels for aging.
Depending on the Recipe, the Type of wood used for building the barrel may alter the quality of the aged Brew. The small minecraft barrel is always of wood type oak.
The Barrel should not be destroyed while aging, as it would leak the brews.
The Amount of Alcohol inside the Brew will be applied to the player when drinking. Depending on the quality of it, that may have different effects.
- The Player may not be able to walk normally anymore, he will weave, making it almost impossible to walk straight
- Effects like Blindness, Confusion, Poison etc. occur
- The Chat will be altered depending on drunkeness, many things players write may be incomprehensible, sometimes it seems senseless
- Is the Alcohol particularly strong, it may have poisonous effects
- After drinking a lot, there is a chance of vomiting
- When logging off, the player may have difficulties reaching his character, thus some loggins shortly after may be denied
- After Overdrinking the player may faint (Disconnecting)
After drinking it takes a while until the alcohol is completely gone. During that time the alcohol level is steadily decreasing. Also it can be decreased through consuming of items defined in the config.
- When logging off extremely drunk, it may happen that, if the player logs back in after a while, he may find himself at an completely unknown Place in the middle of nowhere having no idea how he got there.
- But if he loggs back in after some hours or next morning, he will find himself at /home, again without any memories.
- Also if the Alcohol was not of best quality, the player may face some bad type of hangover (slowness and hunger).